One of the biggest decisions a newly married-to-be couple must decide is what size wedding they want to have. The big wedding is always a consideration because of the all-out partying that goes on with so many guests invited and because Hollywood usually shows the massive extravagant wedding, so that’s what people normally think of. But what may occasionally get swept under the rug is the thought of having an intimate wedding. At 3 West Club, we’re here to help you with your wedding day in any way we can whether it’s big or small. So, here, we’d like to bring up some of the positives of hosting an intimate wedding.
Hopefully we shed some light on the upsides to hosting an intimate wedding—but remember—what you do for your wedding day is entirely up to you, not us. Go ahead and have that big wedding you’ve always dreamt of, or take some of the ideas above into consideration. Whatever you decide, we’d be ecstatic to help you plan it!
- You Will Spend One of the Best Days of Your Life with the People Who Matter Most to You
- By only inviting close family and friends, you will be able to share this beautiful day with them for years to come over and over again. With a big wedding, a lot of couples end up spending their whole day feeling like they’re running a production where they’re having small talk with everyone and their cousin and having less of a wedding.
- The Savings!
This is a big reason a lot of couples lean towards an intimate wedding. They’re better able to keep track of their expenses and avoid going over-budget to stay less stressed all while keeping the lavishness of their day intact. On top of that, intimate weddings are environment friendly without even trying because less waste is being produced by so many guests and the venue itself.
- Don’t Forget To Splurge!
If you do decide to host an intimate wedding, you likely won’t have to decide between the centerpiece you have always wanted and the centerpiece that will keep you under your budget. What we’re trying to say is: an intimate wedding will let you go all-out on the details and things you have always dreamt of instead of constantly weighing what you can get if you don’t get that and what you can’t get because you got that.
- Intimacy Leads To Shorter Timelines
- Whether you’re just way too excited to get married that neither nothing nor nobody will make you wait any longer than you have to or you just hate the idea of planning a wedding out from A to Z, a smaller wedding will let you tie the knot in three months instead of a year.
- Spare the Awkwardness
- 1. You will avoid the uncomfortable task of meeting all these people you have not seen/may not see again for another 10-15 years during your wedding.Instead, with an intimate wedding you will be able to focus on having fun.
2. There won’t be any awkwardness when trying to explain to the people who are outside your circle of family and friends why they didn’t make the cut of 30 guests. It’s much more difficult to explain to them why they didn’t make the cut of 200 guests. They will have their feelings spared knowing it was an intimate wedding and nothing outrageous.
- Go Off the Beaten Path
- By hosting an intimate wedding and not having to pay for 200 guests’ dinners, you and your new partner in life can play with the idea of honeymooning somewhere unique. You can go somewhere you may not have been able to ever go if you were to host a massive wedding. Greece? New Zealand? Prague? Finland? Tibet? The options are endless!
Picture credit: http://www.ajiroan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/small-intimate-wedding-ideas1.jpg