Wedding planning can become extremely stressful. In fact, if you’re in the middle of planning a wedding as you’re reading this, there are probably hundreds of possible disastrous scenarios running through your mind right about now. Since there already is enough to stress about when it comes to planning a wedding, let’s discuss how you can avoid inviting everyone you know in an effort to please them.
The reality of your guest list is that it is nearly impossible to please everyone. There are many complications that may come with the guest list. Some couples receive financial support from their parents, which allow their parents to invite a certain percentage of guests to the wedding. If that’s the case, try to focus on the number of guests you and your fiancé can invite.
Here are 5 questions you can consider when deciding whether this person makes the guest cut list:
1. Would you be offended if you weren’t invited to this person’s wedding?
2. Have you talked to this person in the past year?
3. Would not inviting this person do more harm than good?
4. Are you inviting this person just to make someone else happy? (And is that someone else worth it?)
5. What will the long-term repercussions be if you don’t invite this person?
Think these guidelines through and make the best decision you and your fiancé can make. After you ask yourself these questions, you should be able to see if this person is worth inviting. In the end of the day, this is a special day for you two. The main focus should not be how happy everyone else is. What matters most is that this wedding day is exactly as you imagined it to be.
Check out the original article: https://withjoy.com/blog/wedding-guest-list-tips/